MAKE YOUR ORGANIZATION MORE SUSTAINABLE.
10 QUICK AND EASY ACTIONS
- Set your printers to duplex printing by default and use a minimum of 30% recycled content to consume fewer trees.
- Use a small, thin font like Courier or one that has perforation to use less ink.
- Create a supplies reuse center to save money and use fewer materials.
- Reuse materials like bubble wrap and paper for packages and recycle plastic packaging (i.e., shrinkwrap, plastic pouches etc) that bear the Store Drop Off label.
- Choose non-stop flights; as much as 50% of emissions come from takeoff and landing.
- Opt out of single-serve coffee pods or use ones that are recyclable or compostable.
- Buy Energy Star-rated electronics/appliances to increase energy efficiency and reduce emissions.
- Use non-toxic paints/carpeting to reduce pollutants and emissions and to improve employee wellness.
- Institute a “last out, lights off” policy to conserve energy and money.
- Maintain your HVAC system to ensure optimum temperature, humidity, and air quality to reduce environmental impact as well enhance employee productivity and wellness.