After one of the hottest summers on record, climate change will be the focus of international attention on September 23, 2019, as the UN convenes in New York for the UN Climate Summit. That entire week in New York City is designated Climate Week NYC.
That same week is also being designated Lawyers Climate Week. From September 23rd-27th, each day of Lawyers Climate Week will highlight a different theme and how you can participate in the solution. Every week until then, we will focus on one of the daily themes and share aspects of the issues.
- Monday of Lawyers Climate Week will promote Meatless Mondays as an important step for reducing harmful emissions. Read more here.
- Tuesday will focus on what lawyers and law firms can do to be more sustainable from the Law Firm Sustainability Network.
- Wednesday will feature a webinar on Legal Pathways to Deep Decarbonization.
- Thursday will feature a webinar on sustainability: What is it? How is it different than climate change?
- Friday will focus on a call to action by national leaders in government and the private sector.